Degree candidates needing disability accommodations in order to participate in one of the main campus ceremonies located on the Texas A&M University College Station campus should contact Leigh Cherry or Ryder Patterson via email (email@example.com
) or phone 979-845-1059
by Monday of the week before graduation.
Please notify Leigh Cherry or Ryder Patterson for any potential disability-related needs including but not limited to:
- ANY graduating student who uses a mobility device (wheelchair, scooter, walker, crutches, cane, etc.) along with ANY graduating student who may have difficulty walking long distances or walking up stairs.
- ANY graduating student who plans to bring a service animal (or service animal in training) to the ceremony.
- ANY graduating student who needs communication access accommodations (access to sign language interpreter.)
- ANY graduating student who needs specific seating due to a disability-related need (anxiety, health concerns, etc.)
All ceremonies will include:
- A ramp for the stage
- A sign language interpreter
- Priority seating for students with mobility impairments (available on a first-come, first-served basis)
- Disabled Parking
- Broadcast live on KAMU for anyone who cannot attend
** NOTE: For degree candidates attending a ceremony on a branch campus or an individual college ceremony, please contact a representative on your branch campus or respective college.
Leigh Cherry or Ryder Patterson