Ceremony Dates & Speakers
The Office of the Registrar is responsible for ensuring the number of graduates at each commencement ceremony results in ceremonies of
reasonably equal duration. Consequently, the determination of which colleges will graduate at which ceremony is typically not
established until 2-3 weeks after the graduation application deadline for that semester. Please refer to the
Academic Calendar for this deadline.
Thursday, August 14, 5:30 p.m.
- Rudder Theatre
Speaker: Dr. Temple Grandin
- Commencement ceremonies are expected to begin with a convocation that features one notable speaker. The commencement exercises at
which degrees will be conferred will follow in subsequent ceremonies.
- Students will not be required to wear academic regalia at the Commencement Convocation, but will need to do so at the actual degree-granting exercises.
Friday, August 15, 9:00 a.m.
- Reed Arena
Degree Candidates - Please arrive at 8:15 a.m.; lines will begin forming around 8:35 a.m.
- Graduates in Bush School of Government and Public Service
- Graduates and Undergraduates in Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Graduates and Undergraduates in Mays Business School
- Graduates and Undergraduates in Liberal Arts
- Graduates and Undergraduates in Science
- Graduates and Undergraduates in Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
Friday, August 15, 2:00 p.m.
- Reed Arena
Degree Candidates - Please arrive at 1:15 p.m.; lines will begin forming around 1:35 p.m.
- Graduates and Undergraduates in Architecture
- Graduates and Undergraduates in Education and Human Development
- Graduates and Undergraduates in Dwight Look College of Engineering
- Graduates and Undergraduates in Geosciences
Saturday, August 16, 9:00 a.m.
- McCloy Arena - Building 3018 on the Texas A&M Galveston (Mitchell) Campus
- Graduates and Undergraduates at Texas A&M - Galveston
August Commencement Ceremonies are not held for the following:
- Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry
- School of Law
- College of Medicine
- College of Nursing
- Irma Lerma Rangel College of Pharmacy
- School of Public Health
Dates for Future Semesters*
- Fall 2014 - December 19-20 (Galveston: December 20)
- Spring 2015 - May 15-16 (Galveston: May 16)
- Summer 2015 - August 14 (Galveston: August 15)
* Future ceremony dates are subject to change.