Fall 2008 - Graduation Dates & Speakers
The TAMU Office of Admissions and Records is responsible for balancing the number of graduates at each commencement ceremony. Consequently, the determination of which colleges will graduate at which ceremony is typically not established until 2-3 weeks after the graduation application deadline for that semester.
Special Announcement from TAMU President Murano
Change in ceremony schedule
Commencement ceremonies on the College Station campus for the fall semester of 2008 will be held December 12-13.
The ceremonies will be conducted on these days in Reed Arena unless otherwise noted.
- Degree-granting ceremonies are open to the public without need for tickets.
- The initial Commencement Convocation with keynote speaker will require a ticket for admission.
- The speaker for the Commencement Convocation has now been announced.
Friday, December 12, 10:30 a.m.
Speaker: President George W. Bush
- Pertinent information for degree candidates and their guests (Posted 11/21/08)
- Commencement ceremonies will begin with a convocation that features one notable speaker—and with all degree candidates having the opportunity to attend this one ceremony along with a limited number of guests. The commencement exercises at which degrees will be conferred will follow in subsequent ceremonies over a two-day period.
- Students will not be required to wear academic regalia at the 10:30 a.m. ceremony, but will need to do so at the subsequent actual degree-granting exercises.
- Each degree candidate will be given a ticket to attend Commencement Convocation and will also have the option of inviting up to two guests.
Friday, December 12, 2:00 p.m.
- Graduates and Undergraduates in Architecture
- Graduates and Undergraduates in Dwight Look College of Engineering
- Graduates and Undergraduates in Science
- Graduates and Undergraduates in Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
Friday, December 12, 7:00 p.m.
- This ceremony was originally scheduled for 9:00 a.m.
- Graduates in George Bush School of Government and Public Service
- Graduates and Undergraduates in Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Graduates and Undergraduates in Mays Business School
Saturday, December 13, 9:00 a.m.
- Graduates and Undergraduates in Education and Human Development
- Graduates and Undergraduates in Geosciences
- Graduates and Undergraduates in Liberal Arts
Sunday, December 14, 2:00 p.m.
Location: Moody Gardens Convention Center
- Graduates and Undergraduates at Texas A&M - Galveston