Degree Conferral Order
During the commencement ceremonies, degrees are conferred in the following order:
Within each college, degrees are awarded alphabetically by department, and alphabetically by the student's name within each department.
- Doctoral degrees by college as listed
- Mastors degrees by college as listed
- Bachelors degrees by college as listed
Suppose the following colleges were announced as participating in the same ceremony:
In such a case, the first recipient would be the alphabetically first student receiving a doctoral degree in the the alphabetically first department (Accounting) in the Mays Business School. After the last doctoral degree is awarded in Geosciences, the first masters degree would be awarded for the Mays Business School, and so on. The last degree recipient in the ceremony will be the alphabetically last baccalaureate student in the alphabetically last department (Ocean and Coastal Resources) in the College of Geosciences.
- Graduates and Undergraduates in Mays Business School
- Graduates and Undergraduates in Education and Human Development
- Graduates and Undergraduates in Geosciences