Congratulations on this wonderful milestone! Thank you very much for your attention as we work to provide the best possible in-person experience with enhanced safety measures.
We will continue to monitor infection rates in the area and keep you informed, so please continue to monitor communications and share with your families and friends.
We are pleased to provide the ceremonies by livestream
for family and friends not able to be in attendance to watch the commencement live.
For additional details, visit the FAQ's page
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduation Safety Guidelines
In anticipation of the May 2021 Ceremonies, public health experts and administrative officials at Texas A&M University strongly encourage the following:
- All graduates, friends, and family members who plan to attend are strongly encouraged to get a COVID-19 test prior to the commencement ceremony.
- Please follow CDC travel guidelines and do not attempt to travel or attend if you are exhibiting symptoms, are known to be currently positive, or have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 10 days.
- The university strongly discourages individuals at a higher risk for severe illness for COVID-19 from attending a ceremony. While we are conducting the ceremonies in as safe a manner as possible under the circumstances, there remain potential COVID-19 exposure risks. Travel to the ceremonies also contains risk of COVID-19 exposure.
The university will take the following precautions for the safety of those in attendance:
- The face covering policy will be enforced with no exceptions. All individuals attending must wear a face covering upon entry and throughout the duration of the entire ceremony. Security will escort those not in compliance out of the building.
- Seating areas for attendees will be clearly marked in order to maintain safe physical distancing. Guests may sit together in groups of no more than six. Ushers will be available to assist with seating and appropriate spacing between parties.
- Increased fresh air circulation will provide four air exchanges per hour as well as maintain temperature and humidity at levels known to reduce survivability of the virus.
- After graduates cross the stage, they will be shown where to exit. Family members and friends should exit at that time, as well.